Monday, December 29, 2008

What a great Christmas!




























































































Christmas was so great this year. We got to celebrate it three times with all our family. We had our Geyer family Christmas two weeks before Christmas when my brother Aaron and his family came from Idaho and my brother Jake and his family came from Virginia. It was wonderful to spend time with them and get to know my neice and nephews better.

On Christmas Eve it was just our own little family, and we made and frosted christmas cookies and got to open one present each. The kids were so excited to see that Santa had brought them an Xbox 360 for Christmas along with the Guitar Hero World Tour game, so the whole family could play. It was a blast! Carson and Jackson love drums, and Brooklyn and Stuart do Guitar. I like vocals myself. Brian does Bass guitar or vocals too. We had a great morning playing together. Brooklyn just loves Hannah Montana and got a Hannah wig, Mic and dance DVD. It was a riot to watch her do it. Later that day my parents, my brother Alex and his new wife, Shauna, and my sister Allison and her family all came for Christmas dinner. It was so great to have it at our house this year. Brian and I both agreed that it was great to not have to drive anywhere for the holidays.
And last, but not least, on the 27th, Brians mom Tami and step dad, and his brother and girlfriend came to visit. We enjoyed flying Carsons new kite and playing Guitar Hero with them too.

I think there was one big reason why Christmas was so wonderful this year. In the past, Christmas usually means a whole lot of stress and expectations, and it usually gets the best of me. I usually feel sickened by the commercialization and overwhelmed by the to-do list and list of traditions that I must carry on. The stress of how to pay for it all is too much too. But this year, I had the realization that the best thing about the Holidays is being with those we love, our family and friends. Since we have been through so much this year with almost losing Brooklyn and the stress of all her needs, I felt overwhelmed in gratitude that my family is still in tact for Christmas. It would have been very hard to celebrate without her with us. I know that there are many people out there who must carry on without those they love, and I know I came very close to being in that category too. I thank God we got another chance. And my heart aches for those who have not been as fortunate as we.

So it really was a very wonderful Christmas, and even though there was a little of all the other too, what really matters is that we got to see and spend time with all those we love the most. (Hannah I will see you soon!)

Thank you all for your love and friendship and Happy New Year!

5 comments:

alexfrankie said...

Lynsey
Thanks for the nice comment about my dad on mine and Larua's blog.We are pretty new to the whole blog thing and are having fun. My dad is doing a lot better and should be home later today. I have stalked your blog before and was glad to see you updated. It does sound like you had a great Christmas. I know what you mean when you talk about the pressure of Chritmas and the holidays in general. Especially when you are the mom. I know we are all so happy that your Brooklyn is there with you and your family too. Hang in there, You are doing a great job.
Love Mary

Laura H said...

I agree with all Mary said. I wanted to add that I know how you feel with just being grateful for all your family being there together. I think thats why we go thru the hard times, so we can appreciate what we have.

Erika Graham said...

Lynsey,
Thanks you for nice comments on my blog as well. Yes 2008 was a tough year, as you and your family I know went through a lot as well with little Brooklyn.I do have to agree with you 2009 will have to be a GREAT YEAR! I look forward to contining to read your blogs and see how your family is doing.
love,
ERIKA

Nicole said...

sounds like you guys had a great christmas. what a wonderful time to reflect on the past year and thank heavenly father for all the blessings we have!

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!! Check out my blog if you want... See you at school!