Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stuart's Sixteenth Birthday Party

I woke up this morning and every muscle in my body aches! Yesterday I spent the day cleaning, decorating and preparing the house for Stuart's sixteenth birthday party. Brian had to work, so I had help from the kids and Stuart's friend, Malia, to help get everything ready. We strung up all of our Christmas icicle lights randomly all over the ceiling and I used some huge plastic, black, wall covering with stars to cover my concrete floor, (all from last year). We interspersed blue lights everywhere too. The kids played ping pong, listened to music, ate pizza and nachos and had marshmellows around the bonfire. I think it was a sucess! Stuart had fun and that is all that matters.
What I am happy about is that I was able to do the whole party for under $100 dollars! That is including everything! We are on a tight budget and so I had to stick to under $100 dollars. I am so exhasted today! ( Just another reminder that I am not anywhere close to sixteen anymore!)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh that does sound like a lot of fun. You are an amazing mother to do all that work! Stuart is one lucky boy to have you for a mom!!! Love you, and can't wait to see everyone next week!!!

mid said...

https://sites.google.com/view/jolaja/ajapinjol